Why should I purchase a security system?
A security system is a great deterrent to crime, but also can offer protection should an actual burglary or fire occur. A monitored security system provides peace of mind to you and your loved ones. Also most insurance companies offer discounts on your insurance rates.
What kind of alarm sensors do I need to protect my home?
You should have a door sensor on every exterior door, a door is the most common entry for an intruder. A series of motion detectors should also be located in high traffic areas of your home should an intruder enter your premises through a window.
Can I use the system while I’m at home?
Yes, you can “bypass” motion detectors to allow freedom of movement while you are at home. They are not manual, but automatic.
What about other options such as burglar bars?
Burglar bars can be a great hazard to you and your family. Just ask any fireman, the bars can be very difficult to remove in an emergency situation.
What if your system is activated?
- Don’t panic, remember your security “passcode”, you are going to need it when the monitoring center calls.
- Try to find out if there is really an intruder of fire in your home and respond in the proper manner.
- If you inadvertently set off the system disarm the system per your systems instructions.
- Once the system is reset please wait for the monitoring center to call or call the station yourself to cancel the system activation.
- Please don’t leave your home or business until you have spoken to the monitoring center to avoid a false alarm dispatch of police or fire department.